- Portrait of artist Al Buell in his Palm Island studio on Siesta Key near Sarasota, Florida.
- Photographed on March 24 or 25, 1956.
- Accompanying note: "For 'American Artist' magazine".
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
Title of Work
- American artist publication
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 10 x 8 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »