- Strobe shot of Sarasota photographer Joe Steinmetz "taking a photo the hard way".
- Photographed on March 13, 1947.
- Accompanying note: "Photographer spins a rope as he rights his speed graphic".
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 7 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »