- Mabel and Archie aboard the shantyboat "Lazy Bones," reading of a snowstorm in the northeast U.S.
- Photographed in January 1948.
- Shown during a shanty boat cruise from Ft. Myers to Clewiston between December 28, 1947 and January 6, 1948.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 transparency - col. - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »