- Group shown during a New Year's Eve party aboard the shantyboat "Lazy Bones".
- Photographed on December 31, 1947.
- Shown during a shanty boat cruise from Ft. Myers to Clewiston between December 28, 1947 and January 6, 1948. Photographer's wife Lois Foley Steinmetz playing accordion. Third from the right is Mabel and second from right is Archie.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 transparency - col. - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »