- Interior view showing audience applauding for the Asolo Theater cast members on stage.
- Photographed on February 17, 1961.
- View of the 18th century theatre as installed in the Ringling museum. Above the entrance is a portrait of Catherine Cornaro, in whose memory it was originally built in Asolo, Italy. All the original paintings and ornamentation are intact. The Asolo Theatre opened its doors on January 10, 1958.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 transparency - col. - 5 x 4 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »