- Chana Eden and Emmett Kelly on set during the filming of the movie "Wind Across the Everglades".
- "Wind Across the Everglades" was directed by Nicholas Ray (Rebel Without a Cause) and written by Budd Schulberg (A Star is Born; On the Waterfront). The movie starred Christopher Plummer and Burl Ives and was released by Warner Brothers in 1958.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
Title of Work
- Wind Across the Everglades (Motion picture)
- 1 transparency - col. - 60 mm.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »