- Brooklyn Dodgers doing calisthenics prior to training in Vero Beach, Florida.
- Photographed between March 22-24, 1949.
- The Brooklyn Dodgers were one of the first major league baseball teams to conduct spring training in Florida, establishing their operations at Vero Beach in 1948.
- The photographer Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Colliers, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history", documenting diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. He and his family moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 60 mm.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »