- United Confederate Veterans reunion - Marianna, Florida.
- Identified in the photograph are (from L-R): ?; William W. Alcorn, Ohio; Emery D. Potter, Ohio; Eli Bourdo, Ohio; John Reardon, commander of the Sons of Confederate Veterans from Tallahassee.
- Recent research (2010) by the Museum of Florida History and a private flag scholar indicates there is a question whether the 111th Ohio Infantry Regiment captured this flag at the Battle of Franklin, TN on Nov. 30, 1864, or two weeks later at the Battle of Nashville, TN. Further research has raised doubt that this flag was captured from a Florida unit. See also: N046323.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
- Veterans' organizations
- Flags--Confederate States of America
- Standards, Military
- Portraits, Group--Florida--Marianna
- Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn, 1864
- Franklin, Battle of, Franklin, Tenn, 1864
Learn more about the Reference collection »