- Inauguration of Wayne Mixson as governor of Florida for three days
- Photographed on January 3, 1987.
- At the far left is former Florida Governor LeRoy Collins. Justice McDonald is administering.
- Wayne Mixson served as Lt. Governor for Bob Graham from January 2, 1979 through January 3, 1987. He then became Florida's 39th governor from January 3, 1987 to January 6, 1987 after Graham resigned to become a U.S. Senator.
- Under the Constitutions of 1865 and 1868, Florida had an elected Lieutenant Governor who served as presiding officer of the Senate. This place was abolished with the adoption of the Constitution of 1885. The office was reestablished on January 7, 1969, but not as a Senate presiding officer.
Additional Corporate Creator
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 35 mm.
Learn more about the Political collection »