- Florida Governor Farris Bryant poses with employees of the Six Gun Territory theme park at the Florida State Fair
- Governor Farris Bryant, a native of Marion County, paused during his annual Governor's Day tour of the Florida State Fair in Tampa to have his picture taken with Ocala's newest tourist attraction, Six-Gun Territory.
- L-R: Piano player Denny McCoy, Dancer Mary Fales, Tampa, Governor Bryant and two unidentified gunfighters from the attraction.
- Six Gun Territory was a 200-acre western-themed tourist attraction located on State Highway 40 (Silver Springs Blvd) in Ocala, Florida. Designed by Russell Pearson (who also designed Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO and Ghost Town in the Sky in Maggie Valley, NC) it opened on 2 February 1963 and remained opened until 1984. Visitors arrived at the visitor center ? a replica Southern Railway station -- and rode a wood-burning narrow gauge engine to a mock Western town to see gunfights, saloon dances, an ?Indian village? and various amusement rides.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 5 x 8 in.
Learn more about the Political collection »