- Sign at Spook Hill in Lake Wales, Florida.
- One could drive their car to the bottom of the hill, turn off the engine, release the brakes and watch the car roll back as much as 100 feet up the hill.
- Stamped on back: Aug 1953.
- From the photo collection of Robert S. Nihoul who was born 30 Jan 1919, Pomona Park, Florida. He graduated from the University of Florida in 1940 and enlisted in the US Navy in 1941. Served in the South Pacific in WW II and in Korea during the Korean War. He retired with the rank of Master Chief, USN in 1962. Robert was a avid amateur photographer and documented his WW II and Korean War service in film. His photograph albums were donated to the U.S. Library of Congress Veteran's History Project and are available for research. Married Edna Pearl Finch (1910-2006) in 1953. Robert S. Nihoul died 3 Oct 2005, Jacksonville, Florida.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 3 x 3 in.
Learn more about the Print collections »