- Building at the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins - Volusia County, Florida
- Accompanying note: "Albertype post cd. co. neg."
- The sugar mill was also known as the Cruger and DePeyster Sugar Mill. Built sometime between 1825 and 1835, it was destroyed by Seminole Indians during the Second Seminole War in the 1830s.Before coming under control of the Florida Park Service as a Historic Site, the property was mistakenly thought by many to be the ruins of a Spanish mission for the Timucua Indians, Mission of Atocuimi. The site, which was located at 600 Old Mission Road, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 12 August 1970
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 4 x 6 in.
Learn more about the General collection »