- Archaeologist Vicki Rolland on University of North Florida's excavation site at Big Talbot Island State Park.
- Photographed on 13 May 1998.
- In Spring 1998, UNF professor Dr. Robert Thunen, Keith Ashley, and Vicki Rolland conducted an archaeological survey of the southern third of Big Talbot Island. From that survey, they identified the site of 17th century Spanish mission Sarabay (the original name of the island), which was located within a Timucuan Indian village. In June 1998, they conducted the first of several excavations at the mission site using UNF students as volunteers. The photographer, a ranger at the park, was one of those volunteers.
- Accompanying note: "Archaeologist Vicki Rolland with volunteer college student on the University of North Florida's Sarabay Spanish Mission archaeological field school excavation on Big Talbot Island State Park."
- Rolland is in the red shirt with trowel.
- 1 photoprint - col - 6 x 4 in.
Learn more about the Print collections »