Florida Memory is administered by the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services, Bureau of Archives and Records Management. The digitized records on Florida Memory come from the collections of the State Archives of Florida and the special collections of the State Library of Florida.
State Archives of Florida
Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mills - New Smyrna, Florida
Title on postcard: Ruins of Old Spanish Mission
The sugar mill was also known as the Cruger and DePeyster Sugar Mill. Built sometime between 1825 and 1835, it was destroyed by Seminole Indians during the Second Seminole War in the 1830s.Before coming under control of the Florida Park Service as a Historic Site, the property was mistakenly thought by many to be the ruins of a Spanish mission for the Timucua Indians, Mission of Atocuimi. The site, which was located at 600 Old Mission Road, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 12 August 1970
Chicago Manual of Style
Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mills - New Smyrna, Florida . 20th century. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. <https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/160270>, accessed 4 December 2022.
Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mills - New Smyrna, Florida . 20th century. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. Accessed 4 Dec. 2022.<https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/160270>