- St. James Building - Jacksonville, Florida
- Jacksonville, Fla. : H & WB Drew Co., [19--?]
- The Cohen Brothers Department Store began life as the St. James Hotel, opened in 1869. When that hotel perished in the Great Fire of 1901, architect Henry Klutho rebuilt the hotel. In 1912, the building was bought by the Cohen Brothers for their department store, which was one of the largest buildings in the nation at the time. The store was later bought by May Department Stores to become May-Cohen. By the 2000s, the building, still known as the St. James building was used as Jacksonville's City Hall.
- 1 postcard - col. - 9 x 14 cm.
Learn more about the Postcard collection »