- Members of the Florida Monument Commission at Devil's Den - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Photographed on July 6, 1895.
- Colonel Walter Moore is at the left. He served in the 2nd Florida Infantry Regiment during the Civil War and commanded the unit during the last year of the war. The watch chain he is wearing he supposedly wore through all the battles of the war. It is still in his family but has since been divided into two bracelets.
- The other men in the image are (L-R): Colonel David Lang (seated) of the 8th Florida Infantry Regiment, Captain William Duncan Ballantine of Company A, 2nd Florida Infantry, along with Major William M. Robbins and Colonel John P. Nicholson of the Gettysburg Battlefield Commission.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 3 x 4 in.
- Moore, Walter Raleigh, 1832-1898.
- Lang, David, 1838-1917
- Robbins, William M., Major.
- Nicholson, John P. (John Page), 1842.
- Ballantine, William Duncan, 1837
Learn more about the Print collections »