- Governor Farris Bryant checking emergency radio - Tallahassee, Florida
- Photographed on October 25, 1962.
- He was Governor from January 3, 1961 until January 5, 1965.
- Accompanying note: "Governor Farris Bryant, prime mover in Civil Defense preparations, checks out the two-way emergency radio installed in a fallout shelter in basement of his official residence. Bryant is talking to the state's civil defense network which includes direct contact with the State Highway Patrol, the Road Department and other state agencies. Shelter is designed to become the seat of the state's government in the event of a nuclear attack. This picture was made just prior to the Cuban crisis."
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 10 x 8 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »