- Historical marker in Key Largo - Monroe County, Florida
- Sign text read: Convent of Mary Immaculate (1878) Built by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, a Canadian Order which first established a school here in 1868. Designed by William Kerr of Ireland, of Romanesque style with dormered mansard roofs and central tower. In the Spanish-American War, the sisters offered their services as nurses and the Convent to the Navy as a hospital, and rendered devoted service to the wounded and yellow fever victims. F-78. Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials. 1962.
Additional Corporate Creator
- 1 photonegative - b&w. - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Florida Park Service Collection »