- Edward Wyer's Creole Cornet Band.
- The man seated second row center (the only man with epaulettes) and the white beard is Edward Wyer.
- Edward Wyer served as a drummer boy in the Union Army's Corps D'Afrique. He was mustered in at Pensacola as part of Ullman's Brigade. In addition to being the leader of the Wyer Creole/Coronet Band he was also a classical music teacher. Later, "Professor" Wyer's orchestra became the permanent orchestra for the Pensacola Opera House.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 35 mm.
- Shelf number: S1577B19F101.
Learn more about the Folklife Collection »