- Governor Robert "Bob" Martinez signing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday measure into law in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Photographed on May 31, 1988.
- Accompanying note: "Florida Gov. Bob Martinez holds up a measure he signed into law Tuesday that establishes a state holiday in honor of slain civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King. From the left are: Speaker pro tempore James Burke, (D) Miami; Rep. Willie Logan, Jr., (D) Opa-locka; and Sen. Carrie Meek, (D) Miami, as they applaud the document's signing."
- From 1963 to 1992, photographer Donn Dughi worked for a number of media outlets in Tallahassee, including WCTV, the United Press International (UPI), and the Associated Press. From 1992 until his retirement in 2001, Dughi was a photographer for the Florida House of Representatives.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 10 x 8 in.
Learn more about the Donn Dughi collection »