First Baptist Church of Eustis

  • Demonination: Southern Baptist Convention
  • Pastor: John Hay
  • Race/Ethnicity: White
  • County: Lake
  • City: Eustis
  • Date: 1919

Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0904058

First Baptist Church of Eustis

Editor's Note

On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.


Transcript

Sheet 1 of 2 sheets
WPA Form 20 HR FLORIDA Revision
Worker’s Full Name: Mrs. Grace T. Davis
Date: Sept. 18, 1939
Remarks: 710-X

HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH INVENTORY FORM: 1939

Fill in each item, or state in items for which information is not available, sources contacted in attempting to secure information.

1. County: Lake

2. City or town: In Eustis

3. Exact name of church: First Baptist Church of Eustis

4. Street address, R.F.D. route, Highway Number and No. of miles N.S.E., or W. of nearest town:

Orange Ave. & Prescott Street

5. Race of membership: White

6. Language of services: English

7. Denomination (full title): Southern Baptist Convention

8. Names and locations of denominational bodies with which church is connected (national, state, district, etc. – in descending order of importance):

National: Southern Baptist Convention, Nashville, Tenn.
State: Florida Baptist Convention, Jacksonville, Fla.
District: Lake County Association, Movable.

9. Date church organized: 1919

10. Dates of lapse, or date of defunct: None

11. Is church incorporated?: No

12. If so, give date of incorporation: None

13. Original name of church (if name has changed) and date of change: No change

14. Name of local parent church (if any) from which organized of split: None

15. Information on all previous buildings used for services, since organization, specifying location and dates used:

Note: The information was hard to read and to transcribe.

From organization 1919 a pavilion on the end of a pier in Lake Eustis, at foot of McDonald and was used for church services. In 1920 a school building at Orange Avenue and Prescott Street was purchased and this addition of an entry porch with large pillars is their present home.