Image Number: PR14333
Tabby is a concrete-like substance made from sand, oyster shells, and lime, a technology transplanted from Africa. The use of tabby was prevalent in Florida and coastal Georgia in the 1700s and early 1800s.
Image Number: FS81160
Image Number: FPS00277
Image Number: PR10577
Zephaniah Kingsley moved to Ft. George Island in 1810, and is credited with construction of the oldest surviving plantation house in Florida.
Image Number: FPS00761
Image Number: PR14329
The kitchen was often called the John "Don Juan" McQueen house, after the person who first built Kingsley Plantation. It was later called the Anna Jai (Anna Kingsley) house, after Kingsley's wife. The kitchen building's foundation was made of tabby.
Image Number: N048492
Image Number: PR10579
The tabby houses were formerly slave quarters.
Image Number: PR14332
The cabin on the right was reconstructed by park staff.
Image Number: PR24704
The crypts are believed to be for Ann Bayard Houstoun and Mary McIntosh (daughter of then-owner of Kingsley Plantation John McIntosh), both of whom died in 1808.