Florida Memory is administered by the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services, Bureau of Archives and Records Management. The digitized records on Florida Memory come from the collections of the State Archives of Florida and the special collections of the State Library of Florida.
State Archives of Florida
Anhinga at Wakulla Springs.
Series/Collection number: S 1047, Publicity photographs, 1940-1996 ; Box 2, FF27
In 1925 real estate developer George T. Christie purchased Wakulla Spring and established glass-bottom boat tours as a Wakulla Spring tradition. From 1963 to about 1970 Wakulla Springs' 4,000 acres were designated as a wildlife and bird sanctuary and leased to the National Audubon Society to manage. In 1966 the Secretary of the Interior designated Wakulla Spring as a National Natural Landmark. Wakulla Springs was purchased by the state in October 1985 and name changed to Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
Chicago Manual of Style
Fortune. Anhinga at Wakulla Springs. 1976. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. <https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/94111>, accessed 26 January 2023.
Fortune. Anhinga at Wakulla Springs. 1976. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. Accessed 26 Jan. 2023.<https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/94111>
AP Style Photo Citation
(State Archives of Florida/Fortune.)