- View showing wax statue of cartoonist Walt Disney on display at Tussaud's London Wax Museum in Saint Petersburg Beach, Florida.
- Photographed in December 1976.
- Tussaud's London Wax Museum opened on March 2, 1963. It closed on January 15, 1989.
- Note characters from the Alice in Wonderland story at the left.
- With his brother Roy, Walter Elias "Walt" Disney co-founded Walt Disney Productions, one of the world's best-known motion-picture production companies. The success in 1955 of their Disneyland theme park in California inspired Walt to lay plans for development of the even larger Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Disney's Magic Kingdom in Orlando opened on October 1, 1971, forever changing the state. He was later named a Great Floridian in 2013.
Additional Corporate Creator
Learn more about the Department of Commerce collection »