- Governor LeRoy Collins presenting "Senior Citizen" proclamation to Judge DeVane - Tallahassee, Florida
- Photographed in May 1958.
- L-R: Jim Buck of the Development Commission, U.S. District Judge Dozier DeVane and Governor LeRoy Collins.
- Judge DeVane was born on August 2, 1883 near Lakeland. He was nominated to the United States District Court (Southern District of Florida) by Franklin D. Roosevelt on March 26, 1943 receiving commission on April 22, 1943 after confirmation by the Senate. This service was terminated on October 1, 1947 when he was assigned to the Northern District of Florida to which he assumed senior status on January 31, 1958. He died on December 15, 1963.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Department of Commerce collection »