- Gulf County Representative Cecil G. Costin speaking at the dedication of the Port St. Joe Constitution Museum
- Photographed in January 1956.
- Florida.bBoard of Parks and Historic Memorials
- Note seated at the far left is Governor Leroy Collins.
- On January 11, 1839 in old St. Joseph, state delegates signed the first state constitution. A memorial commemorating that first (of five) Florida Constitutional Conventions was erected in 1922 and bears the names of the convention delegates engraved in marble. Then on 7 March 1950, the City of Port St. Joe donated the memorial to the board of Parks and Historic Memorials (Florida Park Service). In 1954, the city donated additional adjoining property. In 1955, the Florida Park Service opened a museum facility on the 13.5 acre site, which became known as the Constitution Convention Museum State Park.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Department of Commerce collection »