- Governor Warren shakes hands with Sidney Capo at airport during "Distant Drums" premiere - Saint Augustine, Florida
- Photographed in December 1951.
- Distant Drums was directed by Raoul Walsh and released by Warner brothers. It was set in the Everglades in the 1840's, during the Second Seminole War. The movie starred Gary Cooper and Capo was credited as "Indian Boy". It was his only film.
- Sidney Capo is Gary Cooper's half-breed son in the movie.
Title of Work
- Distant Drums (Motion picture)
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Department of Commerce collection »