- Early view of Weeki Wachee Springs amusement park.
- Photographed on November 2, 1947.
- Weeki Wachee Springs became a state park on November 8, 2008.
- Accompanying note: "General scene at Florida's newest attraction."
- The original theater was built in 1947, was submerged six feet below the surface and held 18 people. The first underwater show was on October 13, 1947. It was later modified in the 1950's to hold a few more visitors. The theater was finally torn down in 1959.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Department of Commerce collection »