Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mill - New Smyrna, Fla.

Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mill - New Smyrna, Fla.

Credit this photo: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/5682
(please include photographer's name when noted).

Title

  • Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mill - New Smyrna, Fla.

Image Number

  • PR07097

Year

  • 19--

Series Title

General Note

  • The sugar mill was also known as the Cruger and DePeyster Sugar Mill. Built sometime between 1825 and 1835, it was destroyed by Seminole Indians during the Second Seminole War in the 1830s.Before coming under control of the Florida Park Service as a Historic Site, the property was mistakenly thought by many to be the ruins of a Spanish mission for the Timucua Indians, Mission of Atocuimi. The site, which was located at 600 Old Mission Road, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 12 August 1970

Physical Description

  • 1 photonegative - b&w - 4 x 5 in.

Subject Term

Geographic Term


Learn more about the Print collections »

Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mill - New Smyrna, Fla.
Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mill - New Smyrna, Fla.

Order Prints

Please select the size and options

Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mill - New Smyrna, Fla.
PR07097

* Shipping fee: The fee is a flat rate of $2 per order. The expected turnaround is 7 to 10 business days, not inclusive of shipping time. See FAQ for more information. 

Order Scan

Please select the size and options

Ruins of New Smyrna Sugar Mill - New Smyrna, Fla.
PR07097

*Scans will be delivered by download and will have a flat $2 per order handling charge. The expected turnaround time is 3 to 5 days for online delivery. See FAQ for more information.

For help or more information about ordering see the FAQ or Customer Service