Accompanying note on the back of the image: It is nearly one mile in length and extends from the old Spanish Fort to the Government barracks. The sea wall is about four feet wide and is built of coquina, upon the top of which rests large slabs of granite and affords a delightful promenade, especially on a moonlight evening - the stillness of the evening being broken by the continual roar of the ocean surf greatly adds to the romance. This picture shows the old Spanish fort in the distance.
The card mount is not flat but "warped" which indicates a date between 1879 and 1940.
Florida Memory is funded under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services.