- Governor Fred Cone with Boy Scout troop just prior to leaving for the 1939 New York World's Fair - Jacksonville, Florida
- Photographed on August 27, 1939.
- August 27 - September 2, 1939 was Florida Week at the 1939 New York World's Fair, and they designated August 29, 1939 as Fred Cone Day. Governor Cone, along with friends and several boy scouts, rode a special ACL train to New York. They boarded the train at Jacksonville's downtown train station. Wile in New York, Cone fell ill and did not visit the fair.
- Cone is in the white suit in the center; to his left is his spouse, Mildred Cone.
Additional Corporate Creator
- 1 photograph - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Print collections »