- Heads of the Appropriations Committee looking over funding requests by state agencies - Tallahassee, Florida
- Photographed on December 13, 1962.
- Accompanying note: "In cartons on the floor and stacked along the walls are shown part of the money requests the state agencies are presenting to the budget hearing of the state cabinet. Sum is a little over a billion dollars but Governor Bryant has warned that sum must be cut by $300 million dollars to stay within the state's anticipated income for 1963-65. Looking over some of the requests are the heads of the 15-member appropriations committee who are attending the hearing. From left are Reps. John Crews, Baker County; and Chesterfield Smith, DeSoto, vice chairman and chairman of the House committee; Sens. L.K. Edwards, Irvine, chairman of the Senate committee; and Verle Pope, St. Augustine, vice chairman."
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 10 x 8 in.
- Edwards, L. K. (Lawrence Kirkland), Jr., 1917-1989.
- Smith, S. Chesterfield (Stanhope Chesterfield), 1896-1969
- Crews, John J., Jr., 1921-1987.
- Pope, Verle Allyn, 1903-1973.
Learn more about the Reference collection »