Historic New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins.

Historic New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins.

Credit this photo: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/41466
(please include photographer's name when noted).

Title

  • Historic New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins.

Image Number

  • RC20310

Year

  • 191-?

Series Title

General Note

  • The sugar mill was also known as the Cruger and DePeyster Sugar Mill. Built sometime between 1825 and 1835, it was destroyed by Seminole Indians during the Second Seminole War in the 1830s. Before coming under control of the Florida Park Service as a Historic Site, the property was mistakenly thought by many to be the ruins of a Spanish mission for the Timucua Indians, Mission of Atocuimi. The site, which was located at 600 Old Mission Road, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 12 August 1970.

Physical Description

  • 1 photoprint - b&w - 7 x 10 in.

Subject Term

Geographic Term

Shelf Number

  • Shelf number: 16614.

Learn more about the Reference collection »

Historic New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins.
Historic New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins.

Order Prints

Please select the size and options

Historic New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins.
RC20310

* Shipping fee: The fee is a flat rate of $2 per order. The expected turnaround is 7 to 10 business days, not inclusive of shipping time. See FAQ for more information. 

Order Scan

Please select the size and options

Historic New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins.
RC20310

*Scans will be delivered by download and will have a flat $2 per order handling charge. The expected turnaround time is 3 to 5 days for online delivery. See FAQ for more information.

For help or more information about ordering see the FAQ or Customer Service