- Yacht steamer "Keystone" on the St. Johns River
- Built in 1893 at Nyack, New York by Julius Peterson as a private yacht for day service only. First owner was Mrs. Mary Packer Cummings who used it for service between Jacksonville and Keystone Bluff (the winter home of Cummings). Sold in 1913 to Captain H.D. DeGrive and used for a short while on Passenger Package Freight and Mail Run from Jacksonville (Newman Street wharf) and Keystone, Arlington and Floral Bluff, Florida. It was then used for exclusive Passenger Excursion Service from Jacksonville to Green Cove Springs. Sold around 1925 to Captain Charles M. Fozzard and converted to Fairbanks-Morse 60 hp. diesel. It became a harbor tug and later was sold to parties in Miami for the same work.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »