- St. Johns Railway depot - Saint Augustine, Florida.
- Located on the north side of West King Street opposite Arenta Avenue. Drawn by E.A. Meyer.
- Prior to the civil war the 15 mile St. Johns Railway had been built from Tocoi, on the St. John's River to St. Augustine. During 1876, after being purchased by William Astor, the line was rehabilitated with steel rails, supplanting those of wood and scrap iron, and steam locomotives displacing tempermental mule power.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »