Florida Memory is administered by the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services, Bureau of Archives and Records Management. The digitized records on Florida Memory come from the collections of the State Archives of Florida and the special collections of the State Library of Florida.
State Archives of Florida
Club house entrance, Miami Jockey Club, Hialeah Park, Miami, Florida.
Note number at top: D135, number on back lower left: 45226. Postmarked Dec 14, 1943.
Hialeah Park opened as a greyhound racing track operated by the Miami Kennel Club circa 1922. The Miami Jockey Club launched Hialeah's thoroughbred horse racing track on January 25, 1925. It was severely damaged by the 1926 hurricane and sold in 1930. Hialeah Park officially opened on January 14, 1932. It was later added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 5, 1979.
Subject - Corporate
Chicago Manual of Style
Club house entrance, Miami Jockey Club, Hialeah Park, Miami, Florida. 1932 (circa). State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. <https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/334099>, accessed 9 December 2022.
Club house entrance, Miami Jockey Club, Hialeah Park, Miami, Florida. 1932 (circa). State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. Accessed 9 Dec. 2022.<https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/334099>