Florida Memory is administered by the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services, Bureau of Archives and Records Management. The digitized records on Florida Memory come from the collections of the State Archives of Florida and the special collections of the State Library of Florida.
State Archives of Florida
Entrance gate to the Wakulla Springs attraction.
, M87- 27, Box 17
In 1925 real estate developer George T. Christie purchased Wakulla Spring and established glass-bottom boat tours as a Wakulla Spring tradition. Edward Ball bought the site in 1931 and constructed a two-story hotel in 1935. From 1963 to about 1970 Wakulla Springs' 4,000 acres were designated as a wildlife and bird sanctuary and leased to the National Audubon Society to manage. In 1966 the Secretary of the Interior designated Wakulla Spring as a National Natural Landmark. Wakulla Springs was later purchased by the state in October 1985 and name changed to Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
Chicago Manual of Style
Entrance gate to the Wakulla Springs attraction. 1967. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. <https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/274854>, accessed 27 January 2023.
Entrance gate to the Wakulla Springs attraction. 1967. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. Accessed 27 Jan. 2023.<https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/274854>