Built by Henry M. Flagler and opened in 1888. The hotel was later closed in 1967 and sold to Flagler College. Afterwards it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, and then became a U.S. National Historic Landmark on February 21, 2006. Note spike-chain fence in the foreground.
Florida Memory is funded under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the Florida Department of State's Division of Library and Information Services.