Construction began in 1835 and was completed in 1838. Oldest public building in Tallahassee. Contains original slave galleries. The building was used many times as a place of refuge during the Seminole Indian raids in 1838 and 1839.
Accompanying note: "NOW 122 YEARS OLD - First Presbyterian Church, Adams street and Park avenue, is one of the three Tallahassee buildings recommended for early study that would preserve drawings and photographs in national archives. It was dedicated May [12?], 1838."
Florida Memory is funded under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the Florida Department of State's Division of Library and Information Services.