- Post Office, St. Augustine, Florida.
- St. Augustine, Fla. : Florida Souvenir Co., [193-?]
- Note number at top: 39K. Number on back at top right: 30110.
- Accompanying note: "On the Plaza de la Constitution, in the center of the city, beside the Cathedral with its quaint Moorish belfry, stands the old Governor's Palace, now used as a Post Office and Public Library. The building is a beautiful example of the Old Spanish architecture."
- This building was rebuilt by the United States Government at an approximate cost of over $200,000.00. It follows the architecture of the original building that was formerly used as the Spanish Governor General's Palace. The east wall still remaining as part of the present building was constructed by Gonzalo Mendez de Canzo, 1597-1603. Purchased by the King of Spain in 1603 as a dwelling for the Governor of Florida; at a cost of 1000 ducats; from that time on it was officially recognized and known as the Governor's Mansion. Under Spanish flag over 200 years, under British flag 20 years, under American flag since July 10th, 1821.
- 1 postcard - hand-colored - 9 x 14 cm.
Learn more about the Postcard collection »