- Theda Bara during shooting of film "A Woman There Was" in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Theda Bara was discovered in 1914 by Fox Studios. Born in Cincinnati, Ohio as Theodosia Goodman, her name was changed by the studio to Theda Bara (means "Arab Death.") Much of her career was spent playing vamps and "exotic" characters, such as the title role in the now-lost silent film Cleopatra.
- Theda Bara playing Zara, a South sea island princess involved with a missionary named Winthrop Stark (played by actor William B. Davidson) during shoot of the Fox Company film "A Woman There Was" being shot at Collins and 26th street.
Title of Work
- A Woman There Was (Motion picture)
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »