- Appropriations Committee member Rep. Charles Chestnut IV, D-Gainesville, center, commenting on an amendment to a Medicaid reform measure presented before the committee in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Photographed on March 24, 2011.
- Accompanying note: "HB 7107 & 7109 were approved later by the committee. Left shows Appropriations Committee Chairman Rep. Denise Grimsley, R-Sebring, while right shows Democratic Leader pro tempore Rep. Joseph Gibbons, D-Pembroke Park."
- CS/HB 7109 - Medicaid: Requires APD to collect premiums or cost sharing for home & community-based delivery system; provides that implementation of Medicaid waiver programs & services authorized under ch. 393, F.S., are subject to certain funding limitations; prohibits agency from imposing sanctions related to patient day utilization by patients eligible for care under Title XIX of Social Security Act for nursing home, effective on specified date; extends certificate-of-need moratorium for additional community nursing home beds, etc.
- CS/HB 7107 - Medicaid Managed Care: Designates AHCA as single state agency to administer Medicaid program; establishes Medicaid program as statewide, integrated managed care program for all covered services; authorizes agency to apply for & implement waivers; provides requirements for eligible plans that provide services in Medicaid managed care program; establishes provider service network requirements for eligible plans; establishes regions for separate procurement of plans.
Learn more about the Mark Foley Collection »