- Ringling Circus elephant dressed as the Christmas reindeer "Vixen" during a show in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Photographed in October 1963.
- Accompanying note: "Indoor coliseum at fairgrounds".
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 35 mm.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »