- Henry Ringling North with his son John Ringling North II.
- Photographed in March 1942.
- Henry served as vice president, treasurer, director and operations chief of the Ringling Circus.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 5 x 4 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »