Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0806125
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
Sheet 1 of 2 sheets
WPA Form 20 HR FLORIDA Revision
Worker’s Full Name: Murray E. Hall
Date: June 27, 1938
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY – STATE ARCHIVES SURVEY
CHURCH INVENTORY FORM: 1938
Fill in each item, or state in items for which information is not available, sources contacted in attempting to secure information.
1. County: Indian River
2. City or town: Gifford, Fla.
3. Exact name of church: St. Peters Missionary Baptist
4. Street address, R.F.D. route, or description of location: Dixie Highway, Gifford, Fla.
5. Race of membership: Negro
6. Language of services, if foreign: Not foreign
7. Denomination (full title): Missionary Baptist United States of America.
8. Names and locations of denominational bodies – national, state, district, etc. – in descending order of importance:
Florida East Coast Conference, Rev. F.H. Drake, Moderator, Miami, Florida, State Convention, or place designated, Rev. Emil Thompson, Secretary, West Palm Beach, Fla.
9. Date church organized: 1900
10. Dates of lapse, if now defunct: None
11. Is church incorporated?: No
12. If so, give date of incorporation: None
13. Original name of church (if name has changed) and date of change: No change
14. Name of local parent church (if any) from which organized of split: None
15. Information on all previous buildings used for services, since, organization, specifying location and dates used:
Services in private homes, 1900-1902, first building erected 1902-1920, but dismantled 1920. Present building erected 1920.