- Aerial view overlooking the house of Eleanor "Cissy" Patterson in Sarasota, Florida.
- Photographed on May 19 or 20, 1946.
- Formerly the home of Michael McGuire.
- Patterson was one of the first women to head a major daily newspaper, the Washington Times-Herald.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »