- View showing members of the Flying Wallendas daredevil circus act in Sarasota, Florida.
- L-R: Richard Guzman (Carla's husband), Raymond Chitty, Karl Wallenda and Carla Wallenda.
- The Great Wallendas were noted throughout Europe for their four-man pyramid and cycling on the high wire. The act moved to the United States in 1928 and began an association with the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Combined Circus.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
Title of Work
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »