- Sheep at Jasper Crowley's farm in Sarasota, Florida.
- Photographed in March 1975.
- William "Jasper" Crowley founded the Crowley Museum and Nature Center, located just off Myakka River State Park property. Jasper was the brother of Allen Crowley, first manager of the state park. Their family lived along the banks of the Myakka River since before the Civil War.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 60 mm.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »