- Governor Bush holding press conference for Lake Okeechobee & Estuary Recovery Plan
- Photographed on October 10, 2005.
- Accompanying note: "Governor Jeb Bush, joined by Agriculture Commissioner Charles Bronson, Senator Ken Pruitt and Representative Joe Negron on the shores of Lake Okeechobee, today unveiled a comprehensive plan to accelerate restoration and recovery of the largest freshwater lake in the southeast. Under the $200 million recovery plan, the State is expanding water storage areas, constructing treatment marshes and expediting environmental management initiatives to enhance the ecological health of the lake and downstream coastal estuaries."
- "The heart of America's Everglades, the Lake Okeechobee natural system begins in the Kissimmee Chain of Lakes and flows south into Florida Bay. Since 2000, Florida has invested more than $70 million to improve farming practices, construct wetlands and implement phosphorus reduction technologies to improve the health of America's second largest freshwater lake."
- "The Lake Okeechobee and estuary recovery plan involves the South Florida Water Management District, Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Community Affairs and Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services."
- Standing just to the left of the Governor is Florida State Representative Joe Negron.
Learn more about the Political collection »