- Florida Senator Jack Gordon listening to Florida Senator Pat Thomas
- Photographed on May 5, 1986.
- The committee was discussing Gordon's anti-discrimination legislation.
- Senator Jack Gordon, Democrat-Miami, standing, right listens to the comments of Senator Pat Thomas, Democrat-Quincy, as Senator Gwen Margolis, Democrat-Miami, seated right, listens in during the meeting of the Senate Commerce Committee meeting, May 5, 1986.
- Born in 1933, Pat Thomas served as state senator from Quincy, Florida. A University of Florida grad and Korean War veteran, he served as chairman for the Florida Democratic Party from 1966-1970. He was elected to the Florida House in 1972, and the Florida Senate in 1974. He served as Senate president form 1993 to 1994. He died in 2000 from multiple myeloma.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Political collection »